Wednesday, 16 November 2005 08:39
Hi readers ... a couple of people have commented on the long gap in postings here. I'm just back in Australia from a crazy round-the-world green business trip, once I catch up on the backlog of "urgent" actions, I'll post some highlights and interesting items I came across here. In the meantime ... just a quick overview of the trip, and some of the topics I want to write up as soon as I get some time.
- checking whether a factory making organic nappies for one of my businesses are doing so in an appropriately ethical way
- exploring possibilities for small scale sewing projects hooked into Community Economic Development projects.
- sourcing tins in a way that helps the struggles of oppressed metalworkers.
- Meeting with a client about a documentary she's making
- Attending the European Social Venture Network conference - a gathering of Green businesses, investors, and consultants
- Meeting with clients making plastic out of hemp
England and Scotland
- Visiting and reconnecting with the Eco-village, Community and Living Machine at Findhorn after a 16 year gap
- Reconnecting with old friends involved with sustainability consulting to large businesses, and with green building
- Attending the US Social Venture Network conference
- Attending the Green Fair in San Francisco
- Sourcing organics from Costa Rica for Australian clients
- Looking for finance for an Australian client
- Finding US outlets for organic foods from Australian clients
- Sourcing Australian Raw materials for US companies
- Discussing the problems of bureaucracy within the fair trade labeling system
- Introducing the Community Friendly Movement (Indian) and Tip2Change to US Media and Fair Trade companies
- Researching alternatives and opportunities in early stage funding of sustainability and cleantech companies
Now back to the backlog pile.
Recent articles from Mitra's blog